This blog is about my road-camping trip with my German shepherd dogs, Leben and Erde, from 19 Sept to 13 Oct 2012, which took us 3700 miles from DC to NY (and Beech Mountain), and then onto seven different provincial and national parks circling the Great Lakes. Just before Thunder Bay, Ontario, Leben became paralyzed, so we returned by way of Minnesota and then east to DC.

Defender in garage. Headlight out.



Oops.spoke too soon.

Just after i sent my last posting, i noticed that one headlight was out.  Not a good thing.  Pulled into garage five miles up the road and he said he could put one in, but he'd have to order it.  No problem, i said, i just happened to have a spare.  Then i got on ipad and found a napa outlet 30 miles up the road on my way out tomorrow.  I called them to see if they had the headlight for me to replace my spare, and they have 2 they will hold for me.  Be prepared, i learned in boy scouts.  It pays off.  Without the spare or ipad, i would have been delayed a day or more or gone with one headlight out.

Ed



Ed Mulrenin
202-747-4704 (mobile)

No comments:

Post a Comment