This blog is about my road-camping trip with my German shepherd dogs, Leben and Erde, from 19 Sept to 13 Oct 2012, which took us 3700 miles from DC to NY (and Beech Mountain), and then onto seven different provincial and national parks circling the Great Lakes. Just before Thunder Bay, Ontario, Leben became paralyzed, so we returned by way of Minnesota and then east to DC.

Day 8, sept 25

Left charleston lake camp in ontario this morning, now 280 miles farther north going into brent camp, 25 miles into a massive park, algonquin park. Will not have cell/internet connectio for 3-4 days. Will send by satellite gps coordinates. I will probably be alone in the camp as last year, 2 weeks earlier, there were two other campers.

All going well. I won the war against the racoons last night as they avoided my camp. Leben still holding up, although he's not the same dog he was last year. But he's being pampered to make up for it. Erde, of course, is herself. . . Having a good time, all at my expense.

Till friday or so.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment